About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday 11 November 2015

WOYWW - A flock of dumflings...or maybe a herd???

You've heard of a parliament of owls and a murder of crows, right? Well which word would you suggest for a collective noun for dumflings? I have quite a hoard sat on my workdesk today.

They're migratory dumflings, mind you. They started their life on the sofa (I've been sat most evenings with the hand dumfer watching TV) but they're now grazing on my workdesk waiting to be mounted and framed.

I'm swiftly replenishing my stock, having dropped a selection of my work in at a lovely shop in Hednesford last week.

Also flying off to pastures new this week were these hand-embroidered pictures for two special little girls who turned one this week.

The pictures have been produced using a combination of applique, blanket stitch and running stitch.

Hopefully they'll add some hand-crafted charm to their bedrooms or playrooms.

That's all from Tilly Tea Dance Towers today, the supermarket shopping calls! Thanks for stopping by, I'll swing by some desks later today. If you have arrived at my blog by happy accident and would like to know more about What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, hop on over to Julia's Stamping Ground.

Happy crafting x





16 comments:

  1. Wow, I love those initials!, they'd be a sure fire best seller too...great idea. Good luck with selling your stuff in th shop too...they're so pretty, I'm sure they'll be popular :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fascinated by your dumflings - what about a huddle? I am going to have a go at needle felting in the next week making some innards for a mouse - not at pretty as your works and with a very limited appeal (my daughter). Hope they all sell well. Jackie # 15 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another word sprang to mind looking at your dumflings again - a SNUGGLE ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous gaggle of dumflings.... although Jackie's suggestion of a huddle seems quite fitting. Love the gifts you have made for the little girls. Very sweet.
    sandra de@20

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fuzzle of dumflings looks stunning! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a deluge of dumflings you have there Max.....love the initial pics you've made too. Have fun at the supermarket....yea right ;-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,loving your initials, they are gorgeous, and I'm sure will be well loved.Well done in finding a shop to take your work too. I think I'm with Jackie, a Huddle or a Snuggle both seem to fit. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work - mum obviously taught you well. Love the pictures ad I am sure the little girls will be delighted with them and enjoy them for years to come.
    Great dumfin too - such patience to do so much detail.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your makes. So talented like your mum and auntie :-) Anne x #58

    ReplyDelete
  10. a passion of dumfings. they are beautiful! your initials look fantastic and I am sure they will be very popular. Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, names and initials (from me they were painted!) are such a well loved gift for littles, they are so lasting, and these are really special. Love the the erm, I don't know what, of dumplings, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely gifts for little girls! Beautiful! I'm sure their mums will love them and the girls when they get older.
    Have the dumflings now flown the nest?
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#24

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting me - sorry so late my pc has stopped working so have do this on a break at work! Wow I love your work - I dont even know what dumfings are but they look great! Have a fab week xx soojay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each little dumfling is so gorgeous - but together I would call them a delight of dumflings as they truly are. I love your pictures for the little girls - I'm sure they will be treasured for many years to come. Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #17

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work Maxine, lovely gifts for littlies too. Cheers RobynO#29

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little flower pieces, so very cute

    ReplyDelete