About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

WOYWW

No time for crafting this week and a broken laptop - how to spoil a girl's WOYWW fun hey!
No doubt the rest of the WOYWW bunch will make up for my feeble effort so I shall try and find time to sneak over to The Stamping Ground and find out what's going on out there.

Just a quick picture post then...

This is my freebie Tilly Tea Dance banner from Vistaprint. I thought it would look good on our craft fair stall in the Autumn. My cousin has a fantastic banner printing business - so if I want anything else, I know where to go, but Mum got this for free, so I am not complaining! It looks pretty good - can you tell I love buttons and lace!!


Bunting seems very popular at the moment  - this is part of a length I made for my craft stall in pink and grey cotton fabric. I have a spare length with about 10 flags on which I might pop in my Tilly Tea Dance Etsy shop.


And lastly my latest little button cushion - gorgeous red velour with a heart made from vintage buttons. Curious George thinks its fab cos it matches his hat! He has been all over the world with me, when I was little, and even has his own passport. I think his chair is ripe for renovation - maybe a bit of chalk paint?
Have a great Wednesday all - see you on your workdesks - I just hope I get my laptop back in time.
x Max

15 comments:

  1. Hi there George....long time no see but I well remember all the times you came down with Max when you were visiting Shropshire years ago.
    Hugs,
    A x #31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tilly. Your bunting reminds me I have some to make for my garden! your banner looks fab with all that lacy goodness...and free to! Hope your laptop gets better soon. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 39

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I think the chair just needs a nice roundy cushion. Mostly for George, of course! Hate not having a working computer...hope it's back soon. Happy Wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cushion, and George looks at home... have a good week, Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know what it is about bunting at the moment but everyone is going mad about it. Love your lace and buttons collection, awesome.

    Eliza #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great banner and bunting!! {{Hugs}} to Curious George.

    ** Kate *8 @58

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous bunting... and George looks comfy on that cushion... Have a great week, Hugs May x x x#11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your banner, it'll look great on your stall and adore the bunting too. You can never have enough especially this year.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #67

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no……being without your laptop/computer is like having your arm cut off….how on earth are you going to cope!

    Your new banner is going to look great on your stall and with the pretty bunting too, it’s going to look great.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue
    x
    #53

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel your loss re the laptop,fab bunting :)
    happy woyww
    kay #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curious George is quite big.Would be quite hard to bring him! My sister had a little bear named Watson. She took him everywhere too, and once when we went to Vancouver without her, we brought him, and his little suitcase with us. But he got lost in New York and Peggy was inconsolable. Her husband didn't know what to do cause she kept crying loudly! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  12. George doesn't look as if he's too keen on giving up that fab cushion . . .

    :)trisha
    #137 this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you back, and I love the buttons and lace.
    Lots of fun things, and I do think your chair would be great done up in the chalk paint. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you've had laptop troubles, Tilly, and I hope you get a replacement/repair soon! Despite that, your desk still looked lovely - virtual desk at any rate! I love your poster - very classy, I love white... and the beautiful bunting. Your red cushion looks really lush. Velour is such a gorgeous fabric.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #51

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty bunting...it will look great on your stall.

    ReplyDelete